"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
This blog is moving to a new location with a new name: join me here to see what 2018 has in store for all of us! Not sure where it will go, how it will go but excited to find out!
Today was a lot of time in the car. You can see from the map in the picture below the route we took and miles covered. Although we were in the car a lot today, there were a few highlights. Driving just north of Denver we were able to take in the Rocky Mountains. On a previous trip we traveled through them and highly recommend the drive, very beautiful. A couple years ago as we were traveling through Kansas, Tracey heard about this art easel with a Van Gogh painting and of course we had to stop. As we were on the same route today, we thought it would be a great place for a picnic lunch. One of my favorites today! We still had a half tank of gas but could not pass up paying just 1.89! And finally, a little pool time to end the day. We pulled into the Tower Hotel in Oklahoma City around 9:00 pm. After a little time in the pool, it was back to the room to decompress a bit and get ready for the next day! Coming Up.... Tomorrow we plan on to...
This past week things ramped up at work. Staff was back in buildings and the energy of a new school year was everywhere. As back to school meetings were held, I was excited listening to buildings talk about growth mindset, resiliency and grit. One building I was in as they kicked off the year showed a video to help support a line of thinking: After the video, those in attendance where encouraged to share their thoughts. Normally I sit in the back and quietly listen. This day was different, something compelled me to share my experiences around how I try to start my days and things that I have learned through the process. I have picked up these techniques or habits from reading the likes of Brendon Burchard, Robin Sharma and others. If you search: early morning routines or how to start your day, you will find similar things to what I am about to share. When things are clicking, I... 1. Wake up early - for me this means about 4:45 (M-F, 6:00ish on the weekends). The house...
The wind continued to blow all night. I am glad to report that our tent stayed upright throughout the night. The set my alarm for 5:00 am and managed to roll out of bed around 5:30. I had the privilege of taking in a sun rise over the Atlantic. It was both beautiful and humbling. Sitting there I realized that I have now been able to see the sun rise over the Atlantic and see it set over the Pacific. I also took advantage of an early morning to get a run on the beach, stunning scenery. Once everyone was up and dressed we loaded up the car to go and visit the lighthouse. Incredible to learn about the original lighthouse and the one that currently exists. The current one has been moved once due to eroding shorelines. Fascinating to learn about how they were able to move it to a new location inland a bit. We also learned how the Outer Banks are changing over time due to the winds and shifting sands. After returning from our visit to the lighthouse we had a lit...
Comments
Post a Comment